Why Use a Training Mask?
• Something new and exciting. Sometimes the toughest part of being fit and active is the monotony of working out. Tedious workouts can put a huge damper on your motivation. A simple fix may just be trying something new and exciting.
• Time and focus. For less time-consuming workout method that keeps you engaged while exercising, the Training Mask might be the perfect solution for you.
• Enhances the anaerobic (short intense burst of activity) and cardio aspects of your training.
• Designed to simulate altitude training. Training at higher elevations where there is less oxygen is a method many athletes use. The adaption of the lower concentration of oxygen increases your aerobic endurance. This gives you an advantage over athletes who have been training at lower altitudes.
• Increases endurance.
How Does it Work?
• The Training Mask works by forcing you to breathe against resistance. Your body then has to work harder to breathe, resulting in increased lung capacity and oxygen efficiency over time.
• The mask uses two valves with adjustable caps. The valves are working to restrict your inhalation. Adjustable caps allow you set your level of breathing difficulty.
If you only have a short time and want a great workout, use the mask at one of it’s higher settings. If you are going for a longer workout, an easier setting is better. This will differ for each individual, so take your time to figure out what setting works best for you, then slowly work your way up.
I personally began using the mask about a year ago. I found that it can take a little getting used to, so as I mentioned, take it easy at first. Personally, it took about a week or so, but now I find I am breathing much deeper and utilizing way more of my lung capacity during workouts (and in general).
Using the mask, my workouts are often shorter but I often achieve even greater intensity & results. This can be especially important for older athletes because shorter workouts mean less time spent straining the body.
If you're looking for a way to give your fitness a boost I recommend giving the Training Mask a try.